The thyroid gland which is at middle of our neck is responsible for many functions in our body but the problem comes when it is not producing thyroid hormone or producing in excess. Thyroid hormone also maintains your body temperature. Risk of thyroid is more in women as compared to men. Thyroid gives some signs or symptoms but they are not easy to be noticed. So know about these symptoms of thyroid in females so you cannot ignore them. The one reason for having difficulty in noticing these symptoms is these signs differ from person to person. Goiter, hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism are also due to thyroid disease. We will give you all knowledge about these problems and their symptoms. Some thyroid symptoms in women are:
Symptoms of Thyroid in Females
- Changing of weight
- Not having normal blood pressure.
- Mood changing
- Changing or problem in period timings.
- Falling hair as hair becomes dry.
Thyroid diseases, symptoms and their causes:
- In goiter our thyroid gland gets affected as it becomes larger. It can be seen easily in women as compared to men.
- Having many growths on your thyroid gland can lead to it.
- Sometimes it go away itself and sometimes by doctors treatment.
Causes of goiter:
- Consuming much food that causes goiter like spinach, cabbage, and soybeans.
- Lack or deficiency of iodine is first cause of goiter.
- When thyroid nodules which are producing excess of thyroid hormone.
- Lack of production of thyroid hormone.
- Producing excess of thyroid hormone.
Also Read –
Symptoms of goiter:
- Feeling of swollen or tightness in neck.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Difficulty in swallowing food.
- Croakiness of voice.
- It happens when development of thyroid hormone happens in excess.
- It can be seen less in people as compared to hypothyroidism.
Causes of hyperthyroidism:
- One main cause of hyperthyroidism is grave disease.
- This can take sometimes several month or year to go.
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism:
- Heartbeat becoming fast.
- Weight losing.
- Difficulty in sleeping.
- Not having regular heartbeat.
- Coming of more sweat.
- It is due to low production of thyroid hormone. In hypothyroidism our thyroid gland produces less thyroid hormone.
- It is reverse of hyperthyroidism.
- It can reduce metabolism.
Individuals who are related to these have more risk or chances of hyperthyroidism old age, Genetic hypothyroidism, past surgery of thyroid.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism:
- Feeling cold more than others.
- Gaining weight
- Pain in joints.
- Depressive mood
- Very less sweat coming.
As we told you hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism are reverse of each other so their symptoms are also opposite. Several blood tests are available to know whether you have thyroid or not. In above article we gave you full knowledge about Thyroid diseases, their symptoms, causes and to who risk of having thyroid is more. On having symptoms or doubts of thyroid you should visit to an endocrinologist who is experienced in thyroid problems or diseases.
CONCLUSION: Goiter, hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism are problems which are associated with thyroid problems and you should visit to an endocrinologist if you are having any problem in thyroid or seeing symptoms of thyroid. It is mostly seen in women’s of more than 30.